A family seems incomplete without a pet dog that’s why a lot of people keep a pooch to make the family complete. People raise a dog that can guard home, play with kids, comfort them with its unconditional love, alleviate loneliness, and keep them company in a morning walk. But, some dogs come with a bulky price; because of either their adorable looks or the characteristics that make them suitable for the lifestyle of the owner. Sometimes, it is seen that many people keep such expensive dogs to show their pomp in the society. Different dog owners have different reasons for raising such pricey canines. These dogs come with different prices in different places, but their average price is given. Some of the most sought-after expensive dog breeds are below:
1. Lowchen: The dog’s other name is the little lion. The Lowchen is a small sized dog with long hair that has been recognized as dog breed since the Renaissance. These dogs are on innumerable paintings of the period. The Lowchen was very famous with a nobleman. This canine breed is rarely found these days. The dog breed was very close to extinction by the nineteenth century. The price of this canine breed is more than $10,000 dollars.
2. Samoyed: The dog has its name from the Samoyedic people of Siberia. These people were nomadic herders who bred these fluffy canine species and used these dogs for herding and pulling sleds. The Samoyed is sturdy, watchful, and extremely cute. Pay more than $8,000 for a Samoyed dog.
3. Tibetan Mastiff: These Tibetan canine species had their origins with the nomadic traditions of Nepal, Tibet, and China. These dogs were used for the protection of sheep from vicious predators by Himachali people. The Tibetan Mastiff is very famous for its large size and protective nature in the world. The height of this dog breed can be 33 inches and weight 160 pounds. The dog’s price can be more than $7000.
4. Pharaoh Hound: This dog breed is the national hound of Malta. Some natives call it Kelb tal-Fenek in Maltese, meaning a rabbit dog. The usual use of this dog was for hunting rabbits in the islands of Malta. This dog is very intelligent, and its athletic characteristic with a noble look is beyond description. Its price is around $6500.
5. Rottweiler: The breed is categorized as a dog of either medium-to-large or large-sized canines. The dog was used to pull carts for taking butchered meat to the market. The Rottweilers are used for search and rescue operation, guiding the blind, and assisting police officers. The price of a Rottweiler could be around $6000.
6. Akita: Akitas have their origins in Japan. There are two kinds of Akitas: one is Japanese Akita, and the other is American Akita. The American Akita is found in all canine colors; whereas the Japanese are in a narrow palette of colors. This dog breed has a short double-coat same as of some northern region dog breeds like the Siberian Husky. There are some Akita species that are worth $4,500.
7. Azawakh: The dog has almond-shaped eyes and is slim. The Azawakh walks like a cat and found in many colors. It is an African dog breed and sold in Canada and United States. The Azawakh is very energetic, so it requires a lot of attention and care from the owner. Its price is more than $3000.
8. Peruvian Inca Orchid: This hairless dog breed had its origins lie in Peruvian pre-Inca cultures. The canine is one of the many species of hairless dogs. It is probably the ultimate odd-looking canine. The dog has the grey skin color of an elephant’s color. Its price is more than $3000.
9. Saluki: Salukis have kept the company of human beings since Pharaohs time. The other name of this canine breed is Egypt’s Royal Dog. It has its origin in the Fertile Crescent. The dog has a deep chest and long legs. These canine species are very emotionally attached to their owners and considered to be independent. While training them, patience must be adopted. Their gentle behavior adds more to their positive points. The weight of a male Saluki can be up to 60 pounds and height is around 70 cm. the price of a Saluki is about $ 2,500.
10. The Czechoslovakian Wolfdog is somewhat a new canine breed that was the result of the breeding between German Shepherds and Carpathian wolves in 1955 in Czechoslovakia. This planned breeding was carried out for creating a breed having German Shepherd dogs’ spirit, group mindset, and ability to be trained; and Carpathian wolves’ strong body, physique, and vigor. These canine species are known for the contribution to search, rescue, herding, and drafting. The price of the dog is more than $ 1,000 dollars.